Saturday, September 8, 2012

Alright it's time to work hard on more openings!  Having won some great games with the Najdorf, I got my backside whooped a lot in a variation I hadn't studied yet.  Ah the neverending pursuit of opening prep! 
My next project is to look at the Bayonet Attack in the KID.
  Many of the moves that were confusing to me before are now making much more sense.  I feel like I'm getting a handle on opening logic and ideas with less fear than before. 

I will also be looking at the Benko Gambit from the white side. 
I might play it a few times as black just to see some of the ideas from the other side of the board.  I'll see what comes of it and give updates in the coming days on my progress. 

Next week will be the Catalan and that is an opening I would love to get a better handle on.
 While I have had some neat wins with it, I would like to feel more comfortable when black goes into a non-Catalan setup like a KID.  Never have I been this excited about opening preparation before.  I am feeling that I was too intimidated with all the advanced concepts behind some of these openings.  Now my strength has achieved a sufficient level that I am grasping more of the ideas than ever before!  This is gonna be great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment