Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Finding my way

Today I changed game plans on how I approach my chess reading.  I decided to concentrate on the most often seen variations of the Najdorf that I see.  This may seem obvious and it is.  Chess books are often written for the better player.  Those looking to break into master rating range and so the books gives deep analysis of lines that those players will face.  The other 90% of us are still in Patzer class and would like something that acts like a bridge from the mortals to the upper echelon.  I see the Fischer approach to the Najdorf a bunch and see the English attack a lot.  These are pretty far down the line as far as analysis goes in some books.
But I will fight on learning these lines and be better for it in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment