Saturday, September 15, 2012

Bayonet Attack

Well I've started learning the dangerous Bayonet Attack against the KID.  This is the opening that caused Kasparov to practically give up the KID!!  Even though is it extremely complex, I am finding it simple in a way.  It seems to have a straightforward approach which makes it easier to read and remember the variations and, more importantly, the reasons behind the variations. 
  I recently listened to some friends at my local chess club talking about what kind of KID is the best.  They all agreed that the a5 KID is the best.  I sat and listened quietly until they asked what I thought.  I told them that a5 doesn't necessarily lead to any great advantage and showed them a game where black got creamed and showed them why their variations were not enough to hold.  Being able to answer questions on the fly like that makes me feel more comfortable in this opening.  Still have a long way to go but I feel like I've got a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment